Get Help from Best Miami Wrongful Death Lawyers & Attorneys at Nunez Law
Could you benefit from hiring a lawyer for a wrongful death claim?
Have you recently lost a loved one and are trying to make sense of all of the events that led up to this moment? Is every moment leading up to this point a blur? When a loved one passes away, it can be a hard moment to deal with regardless of the situation leading up to the death. However, if you feel that someone else is to blame or is responsible for this death, it can make the grieving process much more difficult.
If your loved one passed away due to negligence or wrongdoing, you may not see an end to your grieving process. In order to make sense of this situation, you may find it helpful to find an attorney that is experienced in wrongful death. Wrongful death is explained in the dictionary as “the taking of the life of an individual resulting from the willful or negligent act of another person or persons”.
When you find an attorney that is willing to help you sort of your feelings and help you get to the bottom of what went wrong, you will be able to finally find closure and be able to take a step forward towards the future. You may even be entitled to monetary compensation due to damages that you are experiencing from this situation. A consultation with an attorney in the Miami area can help you finally feel free to move on from your experience with a wrongful death of your loved one.
Is it possible to understand how wrongful deaths occur?
As mentioned above, wrongful deaths happen when someone’s life was taken due to the negligence or misconduct of another. If the loved one that you lost was a person that you depended on financially or were their beneficiary, you may be owed monetary compensation for damages. The only way to know what you are entitled to is to contact a lawyer experienced in wrongful death.
There are statutes in place to encourage doctors, hospitals, and similar organizations to act in accordance with the recognized standard of care. Even with the statutes in place, wrongful deaths still occur in certain situations such as:
- Malpractice in emergency rooms. This means that if doctors, nurses or hospital staff act negligently in the emergency room they can be held responsible for a patient’s death.
- Malpractice with anesthesia-if an anesthesiologist administers a lethal dose of anesthesia, they can be held liable
- Vehicle Accidents including a defective vehicle- In this case, the automobile company can be held liable.
- Vehicle accidents including a truck driver- In this case, if a trucker does not follow trucking regulations, the trucking company can be held liable.
By knowing how a wrongful death can occur, it can help you make better sense of your current situation and it can help you not feel so alone. Finding a lawyer that takes a personal approach to your wrongful death claim can help you get the compensation that you deserve.
Can you truly be compensated for your wrongful death claim?
While money can never completely heal the pain of a loss, it can help you be prepared financially for the future. When it comes to determining how you can be compensated in your particular case, the court will look at multiple factors such as:
- How much money the deceased individual earned
- The survivors (you) loss of companionship
- The savings that the deceased had
- How dependent the survivors (you and your family) were on the deceased
- The medical and funeral expenses that were incurred due to the wrongful death
Even though money will never make up for the loss of a loved one knowing that your family and you can be secure financially along with receiving justice will allow you to have a sense of closure.
Finding a lawyer that will stand by your side and give you and your case the attention that it deserves for your wrongful death claim will make all the difference. Finding a lawyer that is compassionate and will get to know you and take a personal approach to your case. If you are entitled to damages; learn more about us and let us be the ones to help you receive it.