DUI Accident Victim
Can a lawyer help you if you are the victim of a DUI accident?
The percentage of DUI accidents that happen across the nation are devastating and if you or a loved one is the victim of a DUI accident you may be confused about what the next step should be. In order to be properly compensated for all damages that occurred, it will be in your best interest to hire an attorney. The legal process that follows a DUI can be long and complicated. If you are not experienced in handling legalities, you could miss your chance of being compensated for the following:
- Medical treatments
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Repairs needed for any of your property
You deserve to be fully compensated as the victim and by hiring the most experienced DUI accident lawyer in the Miami area.
With all types of accidents that occur due to a driver being impaired, there are many different angles that each individual can take. This is why it is important that you hire a competent attorney to fight for your rights. There are many details that will need to be discussed in regards to the case that your attorney will need to know about including:
- Any life threatening or severe injuries obtained
- Damage to any of your property
- Accident was a result of a negligent driver
- Driving with a suspended license
- Driving without a license
If you leave out any detail regarding the accident, your lawyer will not be able to resolve your problems and get you the outcome that you want.
It is important that you find an attorney to help you as the DUI accident victim and will treat you with concern, compassion, and respect. When you contact a lawyer in the Miami area, they will be able to schedule a consultation for you in a timely manner.
What are the advantages to hiring an attorney after you are involved with a DUI accident?
Accidents that occur due to a driver being under the influence are senseless and can easily be prevented. While hiring an attorney will not fix the pain that you are feeling after being involved in a DUI accident, it will help you be able to move forward. Other advantages to hiring an attorney to help you with your case include:
- They will be motivated to help you get retribution and help you get answers.
- They are experienced in the legal processes for your case. They are skilled in cases similar to yours and will know how to handle each step properly.
- All of the proper paperwork will be filed in a timely manner which can save you money and time.
- They will know what compensation you deserve.
- They will be able to help you set realistic goals for the outcome of your case.
- They will be able to help you reach a settlement if that is what you want.
- They will be able to deal with the insurance company so that you do not have too.
- They have experience in trials, judges, and other lawyers and will be familiar with the best course of action.
- They will be able to educate you on the entire process that you are about to deal with.
In addition to the above advantages, the most important advantage is that while you are upset and not thinking straight, they will be able to help you remember what you are truly fighting for.
It is important that you find an attorney that will be dedicated to your case and take the approach that you feel comfortable with.
Find a law firm that can help with liability claims that involve third parties
While going through the legal process following your accident, you will want to be able to involve all parties that are responsible in this incident. By hiring an experienced law firm, you can recover the following in monetary compensation:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Lost income
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
The third parties that can be included in your court case are:
- Bars or restaurants that served the driver
- Stores that sold the alcohol to the driver
- Hosts that served the driver
There are multiple people that can be included in your DUI accident case. When you are ready to make the driver of your DUI accident accountable, find a capable lawyer that can help you get the compensation that you deserve!
Get your free consultation today!
Driving under the influence causes a driver to have impaired judgment in which their reaction times will be slowed. If you or a loved one is experiencing the pain of being a DUI accident victim, get the best lawyer possible and get justice!